Become a Member
The Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) is a nonprofit membership organization covering the full spectrum of cosmetic science. The Society seeks to advance scientific knowledge with a host of membership benefits. Our 4,000+ global membership is comprised of industry professionals and academics working in all fields of cosmetic science.
By joining the Society, members broaden their knowledge and take advantage of myriad opportunities, both on the national level and at Chapter meetings and events, to network and exchange ideas.
Representing the spectrum of cosmetic sciences, Society of Cosmetic Chemists is the backbone of a large network of individuals looking to advance their understanding of science and industry. SCC supports these members with professional services, exclusive access and discounted education.
Subscription to the Journal of Cosmetic Science, our flagship publication, published six times per year
Continuing Education Programs
Discounts on Continuing Education courses, which further improve the qualifications of cosmetic scientists by setting high ethical, professional and educational standards
International Affiliation with IFSCC
Member discounts to International Federation of Societies of Cosmetic Chemists conferences and congresses
SCC Annual Meetings
Discounted registration to the SCC Annual Meeting
Opportunities to participate in a range of professional and social events at 19 affiliated Chapters
Digital Library Access
Full online access to the searchable digital library of every issue of the Journal
Ready to become a member?
New SCC Members may register online or download a writable PDF membership application and email to Colleen Daddino. All major credit cards are accepted. Please use this form to type all your information. Once complete, please save the file on your computer, then email it to Colleen Daddino at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (212) 668-1504.
We prefer typed applications over handwritten for ease of processing. Incomplete applications will delay the processing of your membership.
Other Membership Types
- Any member who has reached the age of 65 years and who has been a dues paying member in good standing for 25 years may request to be nominated for transfer to Emeritus Membership status
- Upon approval by the Board of Directors, such members shall be entitled to all privileges of a General Member for life, with exemption from payment of dues, except that they are not eligible for election as an Officer or Director within the Society
- Any member who has retired from the cosmetic industry and is over 55 years of age, and has been a dues paying member in good standing for 15 years, may apply for retired membership status
- Upon acceptance, retired members are entitled to all privileges of a general member, except that they may not hold elected office within the society or its chapters
- General members who have achieved full maturity in the profession, as evidenced by a record of outstanding achievement and leadership may be elected a Fellow of the Society by the Board of Directors upon recommendation by the Fellow Certification Committee
- Granted by the Board of Directors to individuals for distinguished service to the Industry