Student Incentive Program
Announcement of the OVSCC Student Incentive Program
We are pleased to announce the establishment of a new incentive program for University of Cincinnati graduate students wishing to join the Society. The goal of this program is to encourage membership and involvement in both the Ohio Valley chapter of the SCC and the National organization.
- The requirements for receiving this incentive are as follows:
1. The graduate student must be pursuing a degree within the U.C. College of Pharmacy under the supervision of either Dr. Harshita Kumari or Dr. Gerald Kasting – on a full-time basis.
a. Full-time enrollment in the program must be confirmed before this incentive can be awarded. Communication (verbal, written, electronic) from either Dr. Kumari or Dr. Kasting to a member of the OVSCC Board will suffice as proof of enrollment.
2. The recipient must be either a current member or become a Student member of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists
a. The OVSCC will not cover any reinstatement fees associated with former members who were dropped for non-payment of dues according to the organizations by-laws.
- Those students who meet the above criteria will be provided the following:
1. The annual dues for either joining or belonging to the Society will be paid for the upcoming year beginning in 2009.
a. These dues can be either reimbursed to the student upon presenting proof of membership renewal (copy of membership card for that year) to the OVSCC chapter Treasurer or can be paid directly to the National organization on the student’s behalf.
2. The recipient will be given free registration to attend the four regular chapter meetings held by the OVSCC (not including special symposia or the annual golf outing).
a. Program recipients should contact the Treasurer at least 1 week in advance of the regular meetings to confirm attendance.
Please contact the OVSCC Board if you have any questions about this program.