ANNUAL STUDENTS NIGHT
Student poster session with award for best poster!
Location: Hilton Garden Inn West Chester/Cincinnati
9306 Schulze Drive, West Chester, Ohio, 45069, USA
Our speaker: Dr. Baki’s.
Gabriella Baki is an assistant professor at the University of Toledo College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. She serves as the program director and main instructor for various lectures and laboratories in a new and unique undergraduate program, the BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences Cosmetic Science and Formulation Design major. It is the first undergraduate program in the United States that focuses exclusively on cosmetics and personal care products.
Dr. Baki is a pharmacist, graduated in 2008 from the University of Szeged, Hungary; and she also has a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics from the same university. She has been a faculty member at the University of Toledo since January, 2012. Dr. Baki’s main research focus lies in the area of topical delivery for active ingredients and cosmetic actives, and sensory testing of products. In silico modeling is used in optimizing formulations and selecting the best ingredients for a particular purpose. The goals are to formulate aesthetically appealing products and to achieve better delivery of active ingredients/cosmetic actives into the skin and, as a result improve consumer satisfaction/patient compliance. Dr. Baki has made several technical presentations, and over three dozen poster presentations. She has also written more than 25 publications, has contributed to a few book chapters and has a book, Introduction to Cosmetic Formulation and Technology, published by John Wiley and Sons.
Gabriella Baki, Ph.D. 3000 Arlington Ave., Toledo, OH 43614 Phone: 419-383-1973 Email: Gabriella.Baki@utoledo.edu
University of Toledo:
- Roanne Reyes, Aastha Chadha, Ryan Homan, Gabriella Baki, PhD – Skin Penetration of Caffeine from Formulated and Marketed Eye Creams
- Kendra Cutcher, Stella Zsiko, Erzsebet Csanyi, Szilvia Berko – Transdermal Application of Lidocaine
- An Huynh, Mariam Abou-Dahech, Gabriella Baki – Testing Alkenones in Sunscreens
- Natalie Zauel, Gabriella Baki – Formulation and Testing of Coconut Oil-Based Skin Moisturizers
- Kathryn Robinson and Mark Chandler – Types of Surfactants in Cleansers
University of cincinnati:
- Trang Vu, Peter Koenig, K.P. Ananthapadmanabhan, Gerald Kasting – Thickening mechanisms of a sulfate-free cleansing formulation
More to come…